Monday, April 9, 2012

New Webpage for SAF Runners!

Two weeks ago, I went to Philadelphia for a week for work. Since I had a half marathon in less than 2 weeks, not running was not an option. Like with most people, I prefer running with others as opposed to running by myself, so to Google I went. I typed in "Philly Running Group", and the top result was phillyrunners.org, a running group established 10 years ago in Philadelphia that meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the week. I was blown away when I showed up for the Tuesday night run (from the Rocky statue) and there were 30+ people there! That's when I knew that we needed to be on more than just Facebook. This new page is our attempt to do just that. In the next few days, the Google Web crawly thingies will find this page. Once that happens, people looking for running groups in Seattle will be able to more easily find us. Let's see how well it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment